Calendar Subscription allows users to create, download, and subscribe to the .ics file of the calendar. Subscribing to the .ics calendar will allow users to have automatic updates to their calendar service of choice (Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple Calendar, etc.) whenever the calendar changes.
Once calendar subscription is enabled, a button to subscribe will appear on your Calendar page. Users can subscribe to the calendar by selecting the button and adding it to their calendar.
Enabling subscriptions #
Calendar subscription is an advanced, free feature in our Website Builder. Please contact us to add this feature to your website.
The location of the calendar settings depends on where you add and change calendar events.
Using Church Tool’s Calendar #
In Calendar, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the “Calendar Subscription” button.
Using Website Builder’s Calendar #
In the main menu, go to Content > Calendar and select the “Enable Subscription” button.
Subscribing to the calendar #
When the calendar subscription is enabled, a “Subscribe” button will appear on the calendar webpage for public users to subscribe. The “Subscription Link” is for back office users to also subscribe to the calendar.
Selecting the “Subscribe” button on the public webpage will open up the user’s calendar application on their computer. They can also right-click the “Subscribe” button and select “Copy Link Location” if they only want the URL address for the calendar.
Once subscribed, the calendar will attempt to update every hour. However, each calendar service handles updates differently. Please contact your calendar service provider if there are any issues with updating your calendar.
Note for Android users: Android does not support calendar subscriptions. To subscribe, please use another device
To connect the calendar to your calender service, follow these steps:
Google Calendar #
Follow the steps to subscribe to the calendar on Google Calendar
- Navigate to Google Calendar
- Select “Settings” (the gear icon)
- On the left sidebar, Expand “Add Calendar” and select “From URL”
- Input the calendar link either from the back office or the “Copy Link Location” from the public “Subscribe” button.
Follow the steps to subscribe to the calendar on Outlook Calendar
- Navigate to the Outlook Calendar
- Expand the “Open Calendar” option under “Manage Calendars” on the top tool bar then select “From Internet”
- Input the calendar link in the “New Internet Calendar Subscription” window with the calendar link either from the back office or the “Copy Link Location” from the public “Subscribe” button.
Apple Calendar #
Follow the steps to subscribe to the calendar on Apple Calendar
- Navigate to the Apple Calendar application (on MacOS)
- Select “File” and “New Calendar Subsription”
- Input the calendar link in the “Subscribed To” field with the calendar link either from the back office or the “Copy Link Location” from the public “Subscribe” button.
- The new calendar can then be added on iCloud to be synced throughout your apple devices.
Disabling subscriptions #
Disabling the subscription will stop all subscribed calendar updates.
No articles found.
Couldn't solve the problem?
Monday – Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm (Pacific Time)
(Closed Statutory Holidays)