Before creating a new webpage, it’s a good idea to understand how the sitemap works. It shows you all the layers of the website and how it’s organized.
When you select on “SITEMAP”, a list of main categories will appear. Nested under these are subcategories. And under subcategories are pages.
- Main Categories
To create a new main category:
- Select on the “Add Main Category” button at the bottom of the list.
- Type in a name. Decide if you want it to appear in the menu and if a password is required to access it.
- Select “Save”.
When you select on an existing main category, you can move it by selecting the move button. Then drag it to the desired position and select “Done”.
Subcategories work the same way as main categories. One difference is that you have to specify a default page in order for it to be live.
Creating a New Webpage #
- To create a new webpage, select a main category and then a subcategory.
- Select “Add Page”.
- Choose a name. Select on “Continue”.
- Select a template that would work best for the page you wish to create.
An editor window will open up for you to add and edit text as you would in a word processor. Formatting tools for bold, italic, underline and other tasks are found in the toolbar at the top of the editor window.
When you have completed editing the page content, choose a banner.
Publishing Your New Webpage #
Check your work by selecting on the preview button. When you are satisfied with the webpage, select “Published”, then select “Save Page”. Your content is now live!
Updating a Webpage #
To update the content of a webpage, go to the sitemap to find the page. The search feature can be used to help locate the page.
- Select on the name of the page.
- Select on “Edit”. You can now make the changes you want.
- Check your work with the preview feature.
- Once you are done, select “Save Page”.